Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Key to Acknowledgement


The first step is acknowledgement

I recognize that I am lost and that I am aimless roaming through life searching,
            Searching for the unknown, the unseen, the unheard.

I admit that I am in need and that I am unable to fill a void,
            A void of loneliness, of love, of compassion.

I know that I am beautiful inside and out and that I deserve all of my accomplishments,
            Accomplishments of success, of a family, of love.

I realize that I am blessed and that GOD has answered many of my prayers
             Prayers of financial blessings, material blessings, spiritual blessings.

I can identify my faults and I know that there are things that I can change within,
            Change my thoughts, my reactions, my heart.

I understand that no one is perfect and we all fall short
            Short of his word, his hope, and his plan.

These things and more I acknowledge
            NOW WHAT?

I wrote this years ago and never finished it because I could never figure out my next step.  I was stuck and I didn't know why…until now. I've finally realized that I had my NOW WHAT question after the wrong statements.  See its all about placement; being at the right place, at the right time; saying the right words, to the right people; and asking the right questions, when they need to be asked.   

My NOW WHAT then, came from a place of bitterness and strife.  I believed that the world owed me something because of everything that I had been through.  I felt that my life was at a standstill and I wanted something to happen immediately to change that.  I assumed that just because I evaluated my life and acknowledged the compartments of me, that this should have triggered change as a result of my honesty with myself.  But what I didn’t realize is that the key to Acknowledgement is just like an Apology…in order to have a positive effect, it had to come from a sincere heart. It needed to originate from a place whom only intention was to free itself of hurt and pain caused to itself and others.  Not from a place that wanted something in return.  Doing something in hopes for a great return does not show sincerity and it is not deserving of compensation.

So today My Voices are Chanting the answers to NOW WHAT: NOW, you release the pain! NOW, you release the anger! NOW, you forgive! NOW, you release the guilt! NOW, you release the shame! NOW, you release your voice!
Then and only then, will your NOW WHAT be placed in the right direction to bring you to change.
Then and only then, will your NOW WHAT bring you to higher heights and broader opportunities.

Don’t allow your anger and resentment for others to hold you back from where you could be.  

Until Next Time…

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Tasha, I'm sure you've been getting all the emails, text and post about how great your writing is and how you've helped someone in some way. You are truly in a place that I am so proud of, I love who you are and who you've become. As I read this passage, I can only go back in my remember bank and think back to where you were and where you are now. I do have some personal observations that I'll send separately about us both from long ago. Don't stop writing, I am so glad you are able to pull from a new place. I am still a writer through pain hurt and disappointment, but please know that I needed to read this today. I pray it helps someone else just as it has helped me. Love you Sis... Kia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ms. Tasha, just because no comments were posted on August 18th in reference to acknowledgement, does not mean that we did not acknowledge the fact that you gave us nothing to read on August 19th. Is it a weekend thing? I am waiting on your next topic. Just to say a few words about yesterday's post, it was obvious that years ago your writing came from hurt and disappointment, it is also evident that now you are taking the lemons and making lemonade. Not only are you making the lemonade but you are serving it on ice to the thirsty that need a drink. OK, OK, OK, so I am not a poet lol. To God be the Glory for the Great things he has done. Love you Desert Flower, Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me acknowledgment is the first thing u have to accept in life.Then u must be able to understand the mistakes u made and why. People sometimes live there whole life wounded never allowing themselves to heal. Even though everything u say is so true when dealing with everyday life.We sometime walk alone for no reasons and miss out on the greater things that's yet to come.

    ReplyDelete