Monday, August 29, 2011

Life on a Budget

At one time I would go to the store and I had a tendency to randomly pick things up, not things that I necessarily needed, just things that I could see being of use one day.  And when I  say random…that’s exactly what I mean, random meaningless shopping!  I’m the type of person that could go in CVS or Dollar General and go crazy!   It was as if I didn’t have a sense of the value of the dollar.  If I was in the store and saw something that I liked I would just pick it up and get it.

Now that I’m older, I understand the importance of “saving for a rainy day”.  I began to evaluate my spending habits and I realized how much money I was simply blowing.  I became more cognitive of the money I was spending frivolously and decided that it was time to make a change.   I started living based on budget.  It was the best thing that ever happened to me!! Aside from my bills, I gave myself a set amount to give to the Lord, to save, and to spend on “extra” stuff.  You’d be surprised at the difference that this made in my life.  I kept a ledger that I wrote everything I spent down in and I would write my daily affirmations at the top of my ledgers with sayings from my pastor like “I Pray that Money Parks at My Door and that I will have a financial increase with an overflow in money”.  You know they say when you pray you have to be very descriptive, because God is a man that pays attention to the minor details.  And pastor said, a lot of people have money that comes through their house, the key is getting the money to stop there so that’s why the prayer is for the money to park at your door…meaning that my home will be the money’s place of residence.  At this time in my life I was living in pure abundance.  I was not only blessed, but I was also a blessing to others…How Awesome is that?

I haven’t been using my budget for a while now and I find that it’s been harder for me than usual…and you know what that means right…evaluation time!  I still haven’t been spending a lot of money on unnecessary stuff but for some reason I still cant seem to get ahead.   I’ve been baffled by this for some time now and guess what’s different…yep, you guessed it!  I am no longer living an obedient life based on the guidelines of Christ.  I feel that God knows my heart and I don’t live a life of deceit or hate but I’m still not going to church as I should.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that going to church means your living according to his will, but I view going to church as showing God that celebrating him is important.  In order to have a personal relationship with God you have to date him and just as people want to be loved publicly, God is the same way.  He wants more than to be loved behind closed doors, he wants you dressed up and looking your best to greet and praise him!   So church is like doing something special with God.  I know that may seem crazy, but hey…..

With that being said my voices are screaming:  In order to get back to Eden and live on top of the world, you have to praise him in advance & sacrifice for him as you want him to sacrifice for you!

Don’t live life with Gucci Taste, a BCBG Budget and give God based on a Rave Income!
or men
Don't live life with Saks Taste, a Macy's Budget and give God based on a Burlington Income!

You don't want God to cut back on your Blessings so why cut back on your Tithes?

I don’t know about yall, but I’m stomping my own toes with this one!
Until next time….

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tash, I haven't been commenting but I have been reading. That was a great layer you peeled, I am sure it will help many of us to get back on board. By the way, I am sure your young readers have no problem regardless of what color you print in but as for ME when you print in blue I have the hardest time reading with glasses (lol) Keep up the good work Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete