Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When Who You Are isn't Right, They are the one that’s Wrong!








The Real Me

Will you ever see me for who I am?
For what I bring to the table?
INTELLIGENCE, STABILITY, STRENGTH
The Intelligence to make it in Corporate America and maintain my identity at the same time.

The Stability to assist in making our family prosperous and steadfast

The Strength to deal with my shortcomings as well as others and maintain a stable sense of pride in myself in the midst of it all.

Will you ever see me for who I am?
FORGIVING, LOYAL, PRAYERFUL
Forgiving enough to forgive you for your past and overlook mine in an effort to make this love last.

Loyal enough to travel through the storm of life and make a u-turn when I realize it’s a road I shouldn’t travel.

Prayerful enough to know when to get on my knees and pray for guidance and strength in my life

Will you ever see me for who I am?
APPRECIATIVE, DERSERVING, GIVING
Appreciative of all you do for me and my family.
Deserving of all that you give and more
Giving of all I have physically, emotionally, and materially

When will you allow my actions, words, and love to supersede what you have pre-conceived me to be?   WHEN? When will you see me for who I am?

I am Forgiver of your sins, Bearer of your children, Livelihood of your future!!

I am Beautiful, Captivating, and Witty!
BUT….WHEN WILL YOU SEE THAT?


Years ago this was a question that I always wanted to know the answer to. For some reason it really bothered me how others perceived me.  I wanted them to take me for what I showed them and not what they perceived me to be.  I can remember a time in my life when I wanted to prove my worth to others… I’m soooo glad that I’m passed that point in my life.  I now know that anyone that doesn’t see me for who I am is the person that has the problem…not me.  I am much more than a Diamond in the Ruff, I am a Rare Jewel… I am a Desert Flower, I am Complicated Simplicity at its Best!!

We as women need to realize that not everyone is going to treat us the way we deserve to be treated…but when this happens it doesn’t necessarily mean that there is a problem with us. It just means that God has not sent the man that is meant for you yet. When your mate has been sent by God, he will see things in you that you don’t even see in yourself. A God sent mate will build you up when you’re falling apart! He will bring the best out of you when others only see the worst! He will believe in you when you don’t believe in yourself! He will support you! He will protect you! And most importantly HE WILL MARRY YOU!

When Who You Are isn't Right, They are the one that’s Wrong!

When it’s truly meant to be, there won’t be any questions... only answers!

Only when things are forced will you have problems making them link together perfectly! Real Love is Easy!

In the words of Steve Harvey a Real Man will do the “3 P’s… PROTECT, PROFESS & PROVIDE!!"

Until Next Time….




3 comments:

  1. Whew!!! Well, that blessed the heck out of me! That's what I'm talkin' bout~!! Work it Sistah! I heard some of my own words in that dynamite piece! You right on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I really needed to read this. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete