Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Circle or a Ladder…The Choice is Yours

There are different types of people in life…everyone has different motivations, dreams and desires. What I hold dear to me, may not matter to the next person and so on, but that doesn’t take away from the value that it has to me.  In order to associate with people, they shouldn’t have to possess your way of thinking; they only need to be headed in the same direction as you are…the top!  If everyone thinks the same, speaks the same & looks the same, there is no diversity...meaning no one has anything special to offer the other.  You cannot benefit in life by being surrounded by people that have knowledge in the same areas as you.  It’s more beneficial to be surrounded by people with different areas of expertise than you, so you can feed off their knowledge and they do the same.  When this happens you are broadening your horizons.  If everyone is on the same level there will be no advancement in that group of people because they don’t have anyone to help them reach another level in life. It’s like having friends that form a circle instead of friends that form a ladder.  We as people need to be surrounded by all types of people and realize that they all serve a purpose. Please don’t get this confused with being prejudice and only interacting with people you can benefit from.. Its not the same, I’m not talking about using someone, I’m talking about helping someone and helping yourself in the process.

The friends that form a circle are the friends that represent a never-ending cycle of repetitive behavior.  They can either represent friends that bring you down to where you once were and don’t see you at your elevated state or they can be the people that are content in their current position and want you to be the same way.  Not everyone will understand your need to do and be more than you already are.  But don’t let that distract you from where you desire to be, if those type of friends become a hindrance don’t feel bad about leaving them behind.  Not everyone is meant to accompany you on your journey to the top. 

 The friends that form a ladder are the people who are secure with who they are and what they have.  The people who don’t judge you one way or the other for being who you are.  The people at the bottom of the ladder (sort a speak) are there to keep you grounded, the next level is there to show you your progress, the people that are at your level are there to keep you balanced, and the people at the top are there to give you something to look forward to and strive towards!

Now is the time to surround yourself with positive people, positive thoughts and people that can assist, understand and accept where you want to go in life.  The people that matter won’t judge you based on your ambitions or what you’ve accomplished in life.  The people that matter will judge you based off how you treat them.
So today my voices are saying: Don’t feel obligated to keep the same set of friends, but don’t be in a hurry to dismiss the ones that aren’t in the same place as you are in life.

Don’t associate with someone based on what they can offer you, but don’t feel bad that you want to benefit from the knowledge of others.

Don’t live your life based on some one else’s way of thinking, but don't down them for theirs.

Don’t allow the noise of others opinions to drown your inner voices, but don't only associate with those chanting your same tune.

To sing the same song you don't need the same voice…it takes diversity to harmonize! 
Besides…what's an alto without a tenor???

Until Next Time…

6 comments:

  1. Thank you. Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha,
    This is awesome! Such a inspiration! I must say after reading this, I had to continue to some of your other blogs and I am very impressed! I love it ! This is my first time on here. I didn't know you had this page! WTG!
    Keep it up! May God continue to bless you and your family(which is my family to) this is my prayer for tonight! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasha, I love your blog, I couldn't just read one of your messages I think I have read them all. It's funny how i stumbled on your blog, because I dnt have a Facebook page. For 2011 I was daring to be different. So I gave it up, to concentrate on goals I wanted to accomplish. I say that to say, it was meant for me to read your blog on the first day of 2012. I now knw what God want from me for this year, & its b/c of you and your blog. For two years every morning I wrote to God, no matter what was going on that was our time together. Well its been a year since I actually wrote to My God, and now I knw what I need to do. I will visit your blog again. We actually work together, but I'm always to myself or with my Fiance. My name is Chatoya......Thanks again Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!
    Thank you soo much! I'm glad that I was able to help..when I started writing this blog I had no idea that it would affect people the way that it is and for that I'm thankful and it makes me feel extremely blessed!

    ReplyDelete