Sunday, August 7, 2011

Favor isn't Fair...

I woke this morning with so many thoughts running in my mind…as I often do.  This is something that happens to me a lot, my mind is always full of ideas, dreams, hopes & prayers.  I pushed the thoughts out of my mind as I always do, got up and  turned on some music.  As the music was playing a song came on that I’d never heard before and the title alone strolling across the T.V screen caught my attention “Favor ain’t Fair”.  Reading that title instantly brought my mind back to the racing thoughts and as I heard some of the lyrics in the background of my thoughts I couldn’t help but be thankful for my blessings.  There are many things in life that I still want to accomplish but I also have some things in my possession that people are currently praying for and others can only dream about.  Now don’t get me wrong, I am in no way saying that you should accept what you have and not strive for more...I’m saying, in the midst of striving for more, give thanks for what you have. 

At the time I wasn’t sure if it was the conviction of my blessings or just my need to be in the house of the lord that allowed me to get dress so fast and head to church.   When I got there I was a little disappointed because my pastor wasn’t preaching (however wrong some may think that is :-) ) and I instantly wish that I hadn’t gone.  But I stayed and as I sat in church, the minister really had some good points.  I now know how true the saying is about being in the right place at the right time.  I realized that you have to align your life with God’s divine destiny for you in order to receive the messages that he has pre-prepared for your life’s journey.  Listening to him preach made me arrive at a revelation of my own.  I decided that today would be the day that I start having a productive day, every day!  He made me realize that ‘Favor isn’t Fair, but it is Necessary’ because everyone isn’t capable of accomplishing what is desired by God, in the manner that he wants it done. It's funny because my Aunt and I had this same conversation, so I know that this is the first step in the right direction of my divine destiny.

I’m really excited about starting this blog and I can go on and on but I wont…I’ll save some for another day. Please come back daily to see what my inner voices may be saying.   Today my inner voice is screaming: Be Thankful for what you have, Pray for what you want, Wait for God’s answer & Work towards accomplishing what’s in God’s will for you!

Until next time…

8 comments:

  1. I love it Tasha! I would like to thank you for such ecnouraging words, I feel like you were speaking to me. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Whether you realize it or not, you have inspired me in so many ways. You are the reason I decided to enroll in graduate school. There is still so much more in my life that I want to accomplish but I am thankful for what I do have. I am so grateful to have a friend like you. You and your family took my son and I in when we had nowhere else to go. You were there for us when I couldn't put gas in my car, pay my cell phone bill or pay my rent, and not once have you ever asked for anything in return. You are a true friend and I love you! Keep doing what you do best and that's inspiring people. Continue to stay prayed up and remember when prayers go up blessing come down.

    Until next time....

    ~Nateryl~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I'm sitting here in tears..literally!! I love you and I'm literally speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Tasha, that makes two of us cause I was literally in tears when I was writing it. I'm so grateful and blessed to have a friend like you in my life. Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's truly live life. I am grateful for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rob! I'm really anxious to put down some of my thoughts on black and white and see where it goes... Stay Tuned for more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Tasha!! So glad you r doing this i really needed to hear your message!!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful it is....Its truly a blessing to witness the evolution of a
    "Desert Flower"! I look forward to the continuation.

    ReplyDelete