Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You’re a Testimony Waiting to Happen!

For some reason the word Test has been stuck in my head all day, so I decided to google the meaning of the word (gotta love technology).
There were many definitions      

  1.  an examination, experiment, or trial, as to prove the value or ascertain the nature of something
  2.  an event, set of circumstances, etc. that proves or tries a person's qualities
  3.  a trial or reaction for identifying a substance or ingredient
  4. to give or undergo a diagnostic test or a test of quality, function, etc

After reading these definitions I instantly knew why the word was embedded in my head… Each definition could be applied to life... its outcome, it’s worth, it’s substance and it’s result.  I then began thinking about my life and the many test that have come my way and my reaction to a  few.  Some test I instantly failed, some I passed with flying colors, and others I didn’t even recognize as a test.  This then put me in the mind frame of “if I knew then, what I know now” ...which I’m sure is a place we’ve all been before.  What I had to instantly remind myself of is, I cant change the past, but what I can change is my here and now.  I can change my view, my reaction and by changing these, I can change my circumstances.  It’s like a chain reaction… Even though I didn’t know it then, I know it now and I can start using the knowledge that I’ve acquired through my trials &  triumphs to my advantage. Otherwise, the domino affect will happen and life will be a never ending cycle of misfortune .

When you find yourself thinking about your past, don’t bask in the pain of the situation, try to uncover the lesson that can be learned from it and apply it in other areas of your life. Today my voices are chanting:  Every test in life is a testimony waiting to happen! So when you review your life, it makes no sense to study the negative. Only the positive of the situation can help you pass when life gives you a pop quiz..

You’re a Testimony Waiting to Happen!

Until Next Time…

5 comments:

  1. Love it Tee!! I'm so happy you are finally putting your gift to use! I look forward to "reading your mind" everyday! Love ya my girl! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first to respond to this one, however, I am fully aware that you can learn from your past success as well as your past failures. You can also take it a bit further and help someone else(just as you are doing) Continue to peel off the layers and you will certainly find a diamond in the rough. Love you Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always telling myself: Remember, where you are does not define where you are going. After reading this I now and will always look at it as a "test". Constantly telling myself this has delivered me from frustration and I know that God has a plan. With that being said continue to peel away the layers.

    Until next time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Tasha, I see you have a lot going on in ur mind
    Keeping peeling away the layers. Nedra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yall support means soooo much to me. Thanks for reading and commenting. Nicole maybe this is my gift??

    ReplyDelete