Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Don’t React, Until you can Cause a Reaction!


For some reason the phrase “let it go” was the first thought that popped into my mind today.  I was instantly excited to see where I would be lead with this topic.  Then I received my friend Lynell’s Morning Words of Wisdom and it was also about letting go and letting God be in control when you don’t fully know what lies ahead.  I was even more eager to see where my blog would lead and what would be the final outcome of my message.

Throughout the day, obstacles tried to overtake me and make me react in a way that would only hurt me.  I had to constantly remind myself to withstand from acting in a way that I would later regret.  All the time thinking “just because I didn’t respond to you, doesn't mean I didn't catch what you threw. It means I'm strategically planning a route that will have the greatest effect”.  After this I couldn’t wait to get home and express my thoughts of the message behind the voices.

Sometimes we get too excited and let our emotions get the best of us and react without having all the needed information to assess the pros & cons and act accordingly. 
Had I been too eager to write my blog I may have relayed the wrong message today, and forced my topic in a direction that it wasn’t meant to be. 
Had I not been in a different mind set today I would have responded in a way that would have cause greater harm to me than good.  And would have played right into the hands of the enemy.
Had you not been working on being a better person you would have confronted that person that you “heard” did you wrong.

We are all getting older and should be arriving to the point in our lives, where we are trying to make the best decisions for the future and are no longer living for here and now.   We should be more levelheaded, which allows us to think about things tactically.  If by responding you won’t accomplish anything except getting loud, LET IT GO!  If by having an ugly disposition with people won’t affect them one way or the other, LET IT GO! If quitting your job will only hurt you, LET IT GO!  So today my voices are screaming: Learn to be patient and wait things out before coming to a conclusion. Learn to disregard people that may have rubbed you the wrong way.  Learn to overlook circumstances that you are not in the position to change. 

BE PATIENT & DON’T REACT, UNTIL YOU CAN CAUSE A REACTION!!

Until next time…

3 comments:

  1. WOW....This is AWESOME!!! I really needed to read this!!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Tee the message is heavy. Simply because I can not cause a reaction at the moment I am going to let it go. Hopefully, you can cause a chain reaction to positive thinking and positive attitudes. Thanks for the message because I was about to deal with something I can not change, it is what it is. Like I said "I want to be like you when I grow up" lol Love you. Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help Nicole!
    LOL, Thanks Ma..Love You! "I get it by watching you!!"

    ReplyDelete