Thursday, January 19, 2012

Languages of Love


My friend Rakia bought me a book called the Different Languages of Love. It was a very good book, it was about the different ways that people love. It went in to detail about how everyone loves in their own way.

Typically when we think of someone loving and supporting us we think about having someone that we discuss our thoughts and dreams with. Someone that encourages us to keep on trying to achieve the things we want out of life. Or someone that helps us obtain these things by giving their input and sharing their thoughts and dreams. But, just because this is what our mind automatically goes to, doesn’t mean that these are the only ways to show love and support.

I am a full time mother, wife, student, worker, natural hair enthusiast and now blogger! My life is far from dull. I have a husband that loves me in spite of my many layers (working on the because of part) but he shows his support for my many ventures by making it possible for me to have enough time to explore my project of the day...whatever that may be. He does this by occupying the children when I’m doing school work, cooking for the kids and I so I don’t have to, helping out with housework etc. There was a time in our relationship that I didn’t understand that this was his way of loving me.. this is his personal language of love.

My point is, just because someone doesn’t love you the way you or society think they should, that does not mean that the love isn’t there. The way a person love is a part of their personal identity. The way they profess their love is a result of the imprint that life has left on them that enables them to show and receive love in a way that is fit for their life.

Today My Voices are Screaming: IT STARTS WITH YOU!! Evaluate the situation, recognize your blessings, accept the good, pray on the bad, enjoy life and allow people to love in their own way…you never know, your acceptance may open a new language of love for everyone involved.

I'm still a work in progress, but at least now im on the right path!

LOVE YALL!! Thanks for reading and supporting me

6 comments:

  1. Miss Tasha,

    I appreciate you sharing these thoughts and agree that people love in the way that their experiences have shaped them. If more people explore your perspective on understanding why people love and embrace the fact that people do love even though it may be different from what we are accustomed too it may be a great way for us to break down barriers of understanding and help us all to love better and in a way that is safe and healthy for everyone going forward.

    Regards,

    Will C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Talk....Well Said

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved it Tasha, keep on peeling away the layers you are doing an awesome job. Tish Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Good stuff!

    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Will you are so right! But it is so hard to change what we are accustomed to thinking represents love and support.
    @Tish, Tecia and Calvin Thank You so Much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God continue blessing you to stay on the right path and he will. God Bless

    Deborah D

    ReplyDelete