Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dear God

As I was going through my old emails I found this and felt that it may be something that someone needs to read.  The letter to God was written in October of 2010 and the response was given in November of 2010.


Dear God,

 I know you have the blueprint laid out for my life;
And you want what’s best for me, yet you still allow strife,
To mold and make me what you have me to be
But why did I have to come down this road is what I can’t see.

The road of depression, anger and regret..
Lord I keep listening for you to say “my child please don’t fret”
But I hear nothing, and I need to hear you voice…
Please help me Lord, before I make the wrong choice…

The choice that will lead to things that are not like you…
Things that make me feel better, but multiple sins I will accrue.
Sins that will add, a crimson stain to my path
Lord is it only me, that your allowing to feel wrath?

I know you didn’t bring me, this far to leave me alone,
And since you created me, u know some things I just wont condone
So tell me what is it , that’s led me to this place…
I’ve been running for 31 years now and I cant seem to win this race!!!
Tasha

I wrote this letter to God a week ago, and on Sunday Pastor blew me away... it was as if God was answering my letter to him and using my pastor as his messenger.  The topic of his sermon was “The Power of Release & Praise”.  He spoke about activating the power of forgiveness and how God gives us the power to forgive but he can’t forgive for us.  He went on into saying that we have to Release or set free those grudges that we are holding on to, in order to receive our blessings.  The only thing holding us back from the next level is us; we have become our own enemy! 

Release is the 1st step in success.  The spirit of forgiveness is a divine gift from God that places us in the super natural market.  And that’s definitely one market that I don’t want to miss out on! When we forgive, we are forgiven…when we hold on, we are held accountable for the grudges we hold. So Let Go and Let God!! Forgiving does not change the past but it does enlarge your future.

“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. “

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much for reminding me daily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thanks Tasha this is just what I needed to read before going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete