Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Fitness TESTimony


Let me start off by giving my fitness testimony…Working out does not give me energy like most people say. I do NOT leave the track feeling like I can conquer anything but my tub and my bed. As long as I keep moving I’m fine, but once I sit down, I’m usually down for the count.  I have daily battles with what I like to call the lazy monster…he wins often.  But I’m not a person that handles defeat well, so when I don’t workout for a while all I can hear is my dad saying “Baby girl, you can’t win them all, but when it’s over they better be tired and you better always put up one helluva fight!” Of course I cleaned that saying up a little LOL. Thinking of this lil mantra doesn’t give me a burst of energy, but it does restore my willpower.  I’ve come to realize some days the energy won’t be there…in my case, most days.  But just like with everything else in life, all that really matters is How Bad You Want It  (Louis voice)!

What motivates you to workout? What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight or get into better shape? If you’re coming up blank on what’s motivating you, in the words of Shaun T,  ‘DIG DEEPER’!  Please note I am speaking to myself as well

Each level of my weightloss journey has had different motivating factors… I went from wanting to be girdle free, to tucking in my shirt and now I want sit down fine! I claim to want it bad…but when looking at the facts is that true? I have a friend that has completely transformed her entire body structure while my progress has been on hold for what seems like FOREVER.  You know why? Because she not only wanted it bad, she worked towards achieving it.  That’s the difference between a dream and a goal.  When you dream of something you sit still and bask in the thought of it. When you set a goal you take the needed steps to achieve it.  I’m so proud of Latonya, she went from thick fine to Women’s Figure Masters overall winner.  Now that’s what I call being great! I’m only fighting the lazy monster, she battled with discouragement and disapproval… yet she still achieved her goal.  

Today my voices are done dreaming and ready for action!
 
Are you ready to start your fitness journey?  How bad do you want that body you envisioned? Are you ready to stop dreaming and start taking action? Start today... contrary to popular belief, fitness, diets and living better does NOT have to start on a Monday!
 
Until Next Time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment