Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yield to God

Public speaking is not one of my strong points, well I cant really say that because it's not something that i've really done before. But recently I was asked to speak at a conference, my initial response was "Me? Really?" She was like of course you, so I told her let me pray on it and I’ll get back to her. I’ve never really spoke in church before…. As I was talking to God about speaking in church tears somehow filled my eyes and begin to fall on the floor and before I knew it I starting talking out loud and said "God take my hand and lead me, I’m ready to walk with you". After that I told Geralyn that I was going to do it. It was at that time that I was instantly filled with excitement to see where God wanted to lead me next. I had no idea what I would speak about but I knew that by me yielding to God that things would work out just fine. So I felt bad about second guessing Geralyn’s decision to have me speak… Because who am I to stand in the way of her yielding to God, I honestly feel that God used her to help me obtain an even closer relationship with him. Because when I called on him something happen and the spirit has been making great moves in my life ever since. To know that God has a calling on my life and he wants to use my voice and my experiences to spread his greatness is one of the greatest blessings that I could have been given.

Growing up I’ve always heard people say "God put it in my spirit" "God told me" or "God said" and I never really understood what they meant by that…in all honesty it was confusing to hear people say that. But after a lot of praying, soul searching, forgiving and acknowledgment I know exactly what those statements mean. Sometimes we take statements so literal that we fail to realize the underlying meaning and we miss out on things. We miss out on so many blessings by focusing on what we want and not what God has in store for us when we replace faith with hope; which are two completely different things. I have always viewed God as a loving parent… all you have to do is cry out for help and he will show up once you’ve learned your lesson and your ready to do things his way! He wont show up too early because maybe you wont learn your lesson, but he will show up! See that’s all it takes John 15:7 reads "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" How Awesome is that? When God restores he re-establishies in a way that is far better than what previously existed and all because we yielded to him.
 
Today my voices are saying, Remember How you React Today, Alters your Tomorrow so do not allow your reactions to be the factor that blocks your time of restoration…work on having them being the reason for your blessings!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment