Friday, July 27, 2012

Back Down Memory Lane

As I’ve told you before I love music..so it’s typically how I start my day. I brush my teeth and comb my hair to the beat of the music. But this morning I was being picky about my music selection because when I woke this morning I wasn’t in the best mood so when one of my most memorable songs came on I turned it off because I wasn’t mentally prepared for what that song had to offer. I decided t o hurry and get dress for work so that I could take a slow ride in to work and enjoy my music. 
So here I am headed to work and I decided to press play on my Pandora station and here is that song again, Jaheim’s soulful voice mixed with Terry Dexter and instantly I was brought back to that moment in time that changed my life forever! Every time I hear that song a tear or tears will roll down my face without permission as I bask in the feeling of the day that Demond stood in our apartment singing that song to me. I could remember thinking boy he’s in a good mood, I better take advantage of this. He was singing and reached out his hand and asked me to dance… So here we are dancing in the middle of our bedroom while he’s singing Remarkable (that was back when I thought he could sing J LOL ) he smiled and sang “Girl I know I done put you through some things, and I love you more each day and that aint never gon change no! If you ever left me nothing would remain…you’re part of me…no, you’re all of me…”  It was as if each word that left his lips was being permanently embedded in my heart and mind the very moment it was released, that day changed me! So I was smiling and enjoying that moment of pure bliss!  Then he got to the part of the song that Jaheim sings “How my heart begins to pound; On one knee I will go down, grab your hand and tell you now,  You will always be all that I’ll ever need much more than my baby you’re an angel heaven sent me; once was blind but now I see; never let your love get away from me…Will you marry meeeeee” And as he sang the song he got on one knee and pulled out a box and proposed by singing the song!
So here I am in the middle of my bedroom jumping up and down, flapping my hands and screaming “ O My God, O My God!” as tears of joy rolled down my face. That happened in 2002 and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
Moral of the story: No matter how bad life may seem, a great memory will always be that…a great memory!  Nothing can change the events of the past or the circumstances of the present...but there’s a lot that can be done to determine the type of future you will have.  Start today with making moments that count! Begin today creating memories that can carry you or someone else through! Life is too short to waste on negativity. Do something today that can have a positive everlasting affect on someone!
One definition of memory is a retained impression of event: the knowledge or impression that somebody retains of a person, event, period, or subject. So when you make your decisions, make sure your reaction is that of something you wouldn’t mind being remembered for!
Until Next Time…

No comments:

Post a Comment