Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Forgive Them Father-Lauryn Hill

“Forgive them father, for they know not what they doooo!” I woke up singing this song this morning for some reason and I have not been able to block it out of my mind… so it was a must that I look up the lyrics. And a few that stick out to me are

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those That trespass against us
Although them again we will Never, Never, Never Trust
Forgive them father, for they know not what they doooo

Beware the false motives of others
Be careful of those who pretend to be brothers
And you never suppose it's those who are closest to you,
They say all the right things to gain their position
Then use your kindness as their ammunition
To shoot you down in the name of ambition,

Forgive them father, for they know not what they doooo

Why every Indian wanna be the chief?
Feed a man 'til he's full and he still want beef
Give me grief, try to thief off my piece
Walk you to the increase, I must decrease?
If I treat you kindly does it mean that I'm weak?
You hear me speak and think I won't take it to the streets
I know enough cats that don't turn the other cheek
But I try to keep it civilized like Menelik

To survive is to stay alive in the face of opposition
Even when they comin' gunnin' I stand position
L's known the mission since conception
Let's free the people from deception
If you lookin' for the answers then you gotta ask the questions
Like Cain and Abel, Caesar and Brutus
Jesus and Judas, back stabbers do this

Forgive them father, for they know not what they doooo

It took me a little while to discover
Wolves in sheep coats who pretend to be lovers
Men who lack conscience will even lie to themselves
A friend once said and I found to be true
That, "Everyday people, they lie to God too
So what makes you think that they won't lie to you"

Forgive them father, for they know not what they doooo

That’s one deep song!! The lyrics are truly speaking volumes to me today.
So my voices are literally singing…”FORGIVE THEM FATHER FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DOOOOOOO!” Realize and accept things and people as they are not how you want them to be, when and if things change THEN and only then should you change your perception. Leave the judging to God and focus on the way you live your life.

…Until Next time

1 comment:

  1. Excellent way of ԁescribing, and pleasаnt aгticle to get facts on the tοpic of my рresentation ѕubϳect matter, which
    i am gοing tо present in асaԁemy.


    Also visіt my web site; legal highs that work

    ReplyDelete