Monday, September 7, 2015

Deployment Distractions

Are you a housewife, armywife or do you have a lot of time on your hands? If so, maybe it's time to take charge and do something productive.

Recently I re-married, not long after getting married my husband was deployed to Korea.  In preparation for moving to his next duty station I stopped working. Since then I've found myself idle...I've always been taught that an idle mind is the devil's workshop, so after a lot of brainstorming and even more praying, I've decided to start a venture that can combine my love for writing and DIY projects. It's what I like to call "Deployment Distractions".

Whether your husband is deployed, your kids are at school or you're simply unproductive for no reason at all, staying occupied in a positive way is very important. Take time to think about your strengths, dreams and aspirations and form a plan to capitalize on it.  Having something to work towards gives life a little more pizazz...and who doesn't need more of that in their life?!

All of you who follow me know that this blog is my baby and it's where I come to peel the layers and release my inner voice.  So in addition to inspiring blogs about life, love, heartbreak, healing and fitness I am now ready to add my DIYs.  Who knows...I may even add some of my husband's writings for an added bonus.  His poems are amazing!

Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment