Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Parenting 101


This morning I experienced something for the 1st time in my life… I woke up from my sleep because I heard my baby cry out to me…it was a cry for help.  I jumped up from my sleep with a urge to pray the blood covering over my child and that any strongholds or demons trying to overtake him be removed. I prayed that any negative thoughts are feelings be replaced with joy,  peace and positive thoughts. 

Parents don’t give up on your children, nothing in life worthwhile EVER comes easy. Build relationships with your children that no situation can destroy. The children really are our future.

No situation, circumstance or person should be able to stop a person from being a good parent.  Ladies stop keeping children away from their fathers. Men stop putting females and the streets before your kids.  Ladies stop accepting a man that would abandon their child (just that should speak volumes about their character). Ladies stop letting someone else raise your children unless its what’s best for THEM not what’s easy for you. Ladies and Gentlemen stop having favorites…it causes a rift between siblings and creates problems that carry into adulthood. EVERYTHING we do to, for and in front of children molds their thinking patterns and their character.  You never know how each child will interpret what they’ve been exposed to, so  do your best to set positive examples and PRAY, PRAY and PRAY some MORE!

Today my Voices are praying for each child out there knowingly or unknowing crying for help, guidance and love. My prayer is also for parents, step parents and grandparents… that you always have the children’s best interest at heart and don’t get caught up on your own feelings.  Never let the pain you feel as adults overshadow what the children need.   This is also a prayer I pray for myself.

Until Next Time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!!!! Powerful and as your Mom I know its straight from the heart. You encouraged me, I know it will open the eyes of many more and hopefully when the eyes are open they will respond accordingly. To God be the Glory as he continue to mold. Love you Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stated!!!

    ReplyDelete