Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jack of all Trades, Master of None


I received an email today that read "God created us and therefore we are special, unique, and we have a purpose in life and an important reason for being here." As I read the email I couldn’t help but think what is my purpose?? I use to always say that "Everyone needs a purpose, and if you have no purpose in my life than you are no good for me." I meant every word of it…but now that I’m older I have a different take on everything. In the past I was so busy making sure that I only surrounded myself with people that had a purpose for me I lost sight of myself and fulfilling my role while here.
 
I use to feel that I haven’t found my niche. You know the saying ‘Jack of all Trades, Master of None’…I think they were thinking of me when they coined this phrase. I have until yet to find that one thing that separates me from the rest, the one thing that I excel at and enjoy doing. So, I always asked myself, where do I go from here? Do I try to perfect all trades or do I pick one and master it?? If I choose the wrong one will it alter my divine destiny because I’m not following his will for my life?
 
I no longer feel this way. I think that my 23 personalities are what make me special. I feel that my niche is being a jack of many trades and maybe it just wasn’t in the cards for me to excel at one thing. So I’ve learned to just sit back, live my life trying new things, broadening my horizons which in return takes my visions to higher heights. I believe that each day I’m alive God’s will is unfolding more and more in my life but I have to learn to be patient. Because I believe that peace can only be found within patience. And when I’m finally able to reach the level of peace through patience, then and only then, will I be able to hear God’s voice and be able to listen to the best path to reach my divine destiny.
 
So today I ask, what is your niche?

8 comments:

  1. Wow... I love this! You are really becoming such a wonderful mature human. Let God continue to use you, after all, as your sister and friend I look forward to reaping those benefits!!! lol... Love you Much Much More!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I seem to have the same problem... I am so good at so many things... Many of which I wonder, what am I to master. This has always been my question to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooow Tasha, this is Heather Watkins. Looooovvvvvveeeeee this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niche is being a photographer, I can be creative, and show my personality through my photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ my sister!! You are sooo right...at least 5 of my personalities are mature adults...not sure about the other 18! LOL, and had it not been for you, I would be a Master at All...but God had to split the talents (unevenly may I add)

    Thanks Heather! I really need to set something up...if not family pictures at least pictures of the boys.

    Desert Flower ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! So deep Tasha I love it!!
    Joy Kling

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely relate to this. It's like you have so many interests and ideas that you just can't sit still... always into something, but can't quite seem to actually finish anything! I know this life.. I live this life.

    And I find myself asking the same question. What is my overall purpose here? God has truly blessed me with various talents, so what lane should I take? I think it's important for us to continue to put faith in Him and ask that He direct our paths.

    And while He's doing so, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a 'Jackie of all Trades' (as I like to put it). We learn and grow through exploration...

    Loving this blog Tasha! So inspiring (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Yall!

    Heeeeey I like that "Jackie of all Trades'! The good thing about you, is you've started trying to figure out things early on in your life and I think there are great things in your future!

    ReplyDelete