Monday, October 1, 2012

Moments of Stillness

I started a book called “Mornings with JESUS” it is 365 devotions to start each day with. It was recommended by one of my twitter followers.  It’s very similar to what I had in mind when I started my blog.  It includes short inserts that don’t take up much of your time but it’s always a good message.  Reading the book made me question my blogs because somewhere along the way of my blogs, God starting giving me more information that needed to be related so my blogs got a little longer.  A few people mentioned the long blogs, but I would never want the acceptance of what I’m doing to overpower the message that God wants delivered… so I continued to write as the sprit led me. 

About a week or 2 ago my church and book club member wrote a response on a blog saying that it’s ok to be still. In the introduction of “Mornings with Jesus” it reads “Stillness is a word and concept that is foreign to our modern, scheduled ears.  But Jesus is all about stillness..”  This served as confirmation that I was being led by the spirit and doing the right thing.
Today my voices are saying even if you do not take time out to read my blogs daily, make sure to put aside some time to spend with God.  I am also guilty of feeling as though there isn’t enough time for me to fit it in...but whenever I go too long without giving God his quality time he reminds me that it’s only because of him that I’m able to accomplish all that I do.
Freely give God your time daily, before you have nowhere to go but down on your knees and pray! Moments of stillness can save you a lifetime of heartache.
..Until Next Time

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasha I totally agree with you when you said " stillness can save you a lifetime of heartache". You have heard me say, after praying be still and listen to what God has to say to you. When we make this a daily commitment we don't have to wonder is it God speaking to me or to make a bland statement like, " something told me to do this or that" we will know that it was the holy spirit. It doesn't stop there, after hearing, you must obey and give God glory and honor for what he is doing and have done. Until next time Desert Flower.....Maw Maw

    ReplyDelete