Thursday, February 23, 2012

Reflections

Every day I receive inspirational messages from a co-worker of mine. Today it read :
"Be careful what you share with others. Your words will either build up or tear down everyone who hears you. Expressing your worry, discouragement, disappointment, and anger will result in defiling those around you, and you will be held accountable for every negative or idle word spoken. (Mt. 12:36) Set a new standard for yourself to only speak as led by the Spirit, and refuse to backbite, gossip, criticize, judge, or tear people down. I am calling you, My Church, to a new spiritual level that can only be attained through righteousness and integrity. Don't miss the opportunities to access these greater heights, says the Lord."

I instantly knew that this word was meant especially for me because as I was reading I was instantly condemned. You see there are a lot of things about me that have changed…but many things that have remained the same. Even though I cultivate the more positive things, I still allow negative things to linger in my mind. There are times I speak on things before I have an opportunity to stop and analyze what I’m about to say and the negative connation that it could bring. The crazy part is, I've been thinking alot lately about my image reflecting my current position in life and the above message only confirmed my need to focus on controlling this aspect of my life better. I not only want my current spiritual journey to be evident in writing..I want it to be projected in my everyday life when I speak, smile or when I’m simply being quiet.

So Today My Voices are Muzzled. They are muzzled until I separate the positive from the negative, the praise from the gossip, the acceptance from judgment and the encouragement from the criticism. I’m sure this won't be an easy task, but I’m ready! The last thing I want to do is deter someone from growth or maturity!

Until Next Time….

1 comment: